Thursday, January 07, 2010

Grace. Love. And 2009.

Wow. 2009 is over.

So much has happened in a year. So much has changed. But I still have the same gracious, faithful, completely trustworthy God who is as sovereign and worthy of worship as ever. Never have I been so sure of that as now. He is good. Always. And His love never ends.

He truly has “crowned the year with His goodness,” with mercies new every morning, with everlasting love, and I'm excited to see what 2010 will hold!



I think this is my summary song of 2009:
I can sing in the troubled times
Sing when I win
I can sing when I lose my step
And fall down again
I can sing 'cause You pick me up
Sing 'cause You're there
I can sing 'cause You hear me, Lord
When I call to You in prayer
I can sing with my last breath
Sing for I know
That I'll sing with the angels
And the saints around the throne

How can I keep from singing Your praise
How can I ever say enough
How amazing is Your love
How can I keep from shouting Your name
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing

—Chris Tomlin, "How Can I Keep From Singing"
May God go with you and bless you with a beautiful 2010!

(Author's Note: A related two-part series is upcoming! It will deal more with the past year, with its questions, Answer, pain, joy, disappointments, and blessing.)

2 comments:

  1. Cute photo of you girls (btw, who is to the left of you, Rissa?) I recognize Chelsea and Melody.
    May 2010 be filled with the richness of His goodness!

    ReplyDelete