Saturday, February 23, 2008

Emptied that HE should fill me...


Just a song the Lord has been reminding me about. To have real joy and be used by Him, surrender is not simply an option.
Emptied that Thou shouldest fill me,
A clean vessel in Thy hand;
With no power but as Thou givest
Graciously with each command.

Jesus, fill now with Thy Spirit
Hearts that full surrender know;
That the streams of living water
From our inner man may flow.

Channels only, bless├Ęd Master,
But with all Thy wondrous power
Flowing through us, Thou canst use us
Every day and every hour.

—Mary E. Max­well, alt.

2 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful poem. Thanks for sharing Marissa.

    Some people are really country people even though they live in the city. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marissa,

    Thank you so much for your encouragement! It really blessed me as I've been going through a discouraging time. *hugs*

    Your blog has been a great blessing to me and often challenges me. I've lurked here for close to a year, but never said "hi". So, Hello! *waves*

    Keep looking to Jesus!

    ReplyDelete