Sunday, February 10, 2008

My Will is Not My Own...

How I love this song! It has inspired me countless times when I really don't feel like being "enslaved" or "resigning my crown"! But He is good, and all His judgements are right.

Make me a captive, Lord, and then I shall be free.
Force me to render up my sword, and I shall conqueror be.
I sink in life's alarms when by myself I stand;
Imprison me within Thine arms, and strong shall be my hand.

My heart is weak and poor until it master find;
It has no spring of action sure, it varies with the wind.
It cannot freely move till Thou has wrought its chain;
Enslave it with Thy matchless love, and deathless it shall reign.

My will is not my own till Thou hast made it Thine;
If it would reach a monarch's throne, it must its crown resign.
It only stands unbent amid the clashing strife,
When on Thy bosom it has leant, and found in Thee its life.

—George Matheson

1 comment:

  1. I really like that song too.
    It sometimes is a daily struggle, for me, to remember that my will is not my own and I must bring my life and lay it down at His feet daily. My life is not my own! It's only after I give it all up, that I am truly free again.
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete