Saturday, November 28, 2009

Just Not Tonight


"I'll get you out of this place. It just can't be tonight."



"You're just going to leave me here?!"


"I promise I won't leave you here any longer than I have to."

—Belinda to her little brother Jacob, who were orphaned and split up in different homes. Jacob was in a cruel home, but they needed to stay put so they could be found by their father later on (From Love's Unending Legacy)


That made me think of the conversations we sometimes have with God. He's always right there, able to take me out of a tough situation or season, but, in order to fulfill a higher purpose, often chooses not to. Instead, He stays close by, watching out for me and "feeding" me day by day right where I am. Even though it hurts Him to see His child hurting, to hear the cry, "You're just going to leave me here?!"He knows I have to stay right here for a while.

Because this will bring a more glorious result, a much bigger deliverance than simply an escape from pain. He will instead give unlimited grace. Unexplainable joy. Inexhaustible strength. Unspeakable glory.

"Therefore the LORD will wait, that He may be gracious to you;
And therefore He will be exalted, that He may have mercy on you.
For the LORD is a God of justice; 
Blessed are all those who wait for Him.
For the people shall dwell in Zion at Jerusalem; 
You shall weep no more.
He will be very gracious to you at the sound of your cry;
When He hears it, He will answer you."
(Isaiah 30:18-19 NKJV)

So tell me, what is our ending? [It will] be beautiful, so beautiful...
(BarlowGirl, "Beautiful Ending," 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment